Friday, December 6, 2013

Reflection on Reflections

Reflecting on one's work has several benefits. Throughout our fieldwork experience, we were asked to reflect on our own teaching experiences as well as our observations of our peers' teaching. Throughout this process, I was able to grow professionally as it allowed me to look back and reflect on the lessons that I had implemented. As I was teaching, I did not notice many of the mishaps and technicalities of the lesson. However, by filming our lessons, I was able to watch my instructional methods and take note on the techniques and approaches that appeared to not be as effective.

In addition to reflecting on my own teaching, it was also required that we reflect on our peers' professional growth. For the fieldwork experience, I completed  three pluses and an wish. This exercise allows observers to provide positive, constructive criticism to their fellow classmates. Also, this gives an individual a different perspective. Often times, one person sees something that another did not notice. By reflecting on each others' learning and performance, we can all learn and become the best teachers we can be.

Peer feedback for our group's lesson:



My feedback for group 3 and group 4:

In addition to providing feedback and reflecting on fieldwork experiences, Dr. Smirnova also requested that we reflect on our peers blog posts. Below are the links to the blog posts and comment I made that share my thoughts and reflections on my classmates' professional growth.
Reflection 1

No comments:

Post a Comment